How Mobile Advertising Can Benefit Your Local Business
Mobile, mobile, mobile. Everything these days is geared toward the constantly-connected, on-the-go consumer, and for good reason. Almost everyone has a smartphone or tablet device — having access to the web in the palm of your hand, twenty-four hours a day is a benefit few people can live without. An individual preparing to go out to eat has no excuse but to check out their restaurant options before they make a final decision. Likewise, a person making a purchase has all the information they need to choose the product that is right for them, whether through product information or user reviews. With such a mobile-centric world, there is also no excuse for businesses, especially local businesses, not to take advantage.
Getting to Know Mobile Marketing
There are a number of ways your local business can capitalize on the mobile trend, but not all of them may be right for you. Here are a few options:
• Mobile Website — a mobile website is probably the easiest and most effective strategy. Giving your customers access to your products and services while on-the-go can provide the boost you are looking for. It is also important to remember that what looks good on a PC doesn’t always work on a smart phone or tablet.
• Text Message/SMS Ads — inform customers of deals, special offers, and limited-time discounts, and develop personalized messages using demographics. By targeting a specific audience, your local business saves time and effort.
• Push — Optimize your social media campaigns by “pushing” your content. This ensures that more people will see your business. Customers check their social feeds more often than emails, so “pushing” your way into their notifications is a great way to gain attention.
• SEO — Keywords are still a powerful tool and finding your local business on the front page of search engines is critical to finding success. Views, Click-throughs, and the activity that circulates on first-page sites is drastically higher.
• Click to Call — A short conversation can do more than any message or text alert. Make it easy for customers to contact your local business by using a simple click-to-call notification. They will be on the line in no time.
• Map it — Having an interactive map that is accessible through mobile will help customers choose your local business. If they can’t find you, they won’t. Similar to click-to-call, click-to-map allows the same easy accessibility, but the result is a map rather than a phone call.
• Mobile App — Have you seen billboards or heard the slogan “there’s an app for that?” Well, apps are the most popular feature of smart devices, and having an app available for your local business will keep customers coming back. Securing a spot on smart phone and tablets can make you the go-to choice for individuals who have installed your app.
It seems like new opportunities for mobile advertising pop up every day, but there is a reason those listed above have become mainstays of the marketing world. They are easy to implement, cost effective, and they reach the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time. That is why your local business should get started with a mobile marketing strategy today.
Read more on “How Using Mobile Marketing Will Change Your Local Business Forever for the Better” right on this blog