Why Text Message Marketing is Right for Your Local Business
Living in a world of instant information has its benefits. Whether it be accessing the web while on the go, or handling a conference call from a home office, the advantages for businesses are evident. Now, through mobile devices and tablet, that information has become easier to access. However, with this huge amount of information at our fingertips, comes the problem of information overload. How much is too much? When does the amount of information become a hindrance? These are the types of questions your business must consider when thinking about a mobile marketing strategy and, in particular, a text message campaign.
Mobile marketing has seen a rise over the past decade, in terms of both exposure and use. Email offers, mobile coupons, and online sales have all become an integral part of all markets, but care and consideration must be taken to decide which mobile marketing platforms are right for your business. Text message marketing, one of the fastest growing mobile marketing methods, is one that your business should certainly consider. The many benefits of a text message campaign have made it a popular choice among marketing strategists, but which ways are best for you? Here are some of the benefits of text message marketing:
• Timely Deals and Offers – Your business can utilize the mobile nature of text messaging by sending alerts detailing limited-time offers. Perhaps a sale extends only through the end of the day or week, creating incentive for customers to stop in. Messages can also be sent to coincide with periods such as lunch breaks or just before the end of the workday. That way, when customers check their phones, your message will be the first thing they see.
• Personalized Text Alerts – Customers know that you value their business when you go out of your way to provide offers and deals that suit their individual needs. Rather than receive a generic offer, you can use their previous history with your business to personalize a text message, which will garner a better response and increase the positive buzz surrounding your business.
• Contests and Surveys – Contests provide a way for customers to engage in your business, without actually having to purchase anything on the spot. Maybe all that is required is to respond within a certain number of hours to be included in the contest, or to visit your Facebook page. In this way, customers will always have your business in mind. Surveys are also a great way to engage customers by letting them know you care about their satisfaction. Using surveys can also reinforce positive experiences with your business.
• Mobile Coupons – Mobile Coupons are extremely popular these days, and now they can be scanned directly from phones and tablets. A B1G1 Free offer may be all it takes to get customers in the door, and the only thing it will require on your end is a simple text message of the details.
• Social Marketing – There is no doubt that sites like Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter have become key players in the online social scene. These sites provide ways of connecting people, and they can likewise be used to connect individuals to your business. Sending a Twitter message to their phone or connecting a text message to your Facebook page can link your business with their entire social network. These social avenues can be a great place to spread the word that your business should be their number one choice.
A text message marketing strategy can provide a major boost to your business, but it is not as easy as it might sound. First of all, customers must opt-in to receive messages from your business. A database of customer information is required, and care must be taken not to overload them with notifications. A marketing consultant can help you determine the best way to use a text message strategy for your business. Contact us at TrueNorth3 Mobile Social Local to get started.